Holly A. Sheriff, MSLS, MCC, CCC, an award-winning seasoned paralegal, and certified master life & career coach, blends decades of paralegal entrepreneur problem-solving expertise with a lifelong enthusiasm for work-life balance to help attorneys and paralegals achieve work-life balance and professional excellence.
She has a distinguished background working with boutique law firms, solo practitioners, paralegals, and legal students in traditional, remote, and virtual settings. Mrs. Sheriff maintains a 98% success rate by helping clients create thriving practices and careers by simplifying workflow and diminishing panic.
Work-Life Balance & Professional Excellence
Mrs. Sheriff began her career in 1990 as a court runner, legal assistant, paralegal, and consultant working for several solo practitioners in the Midwest. During her in-house career, Mrs. Sheriff formed the client base and concepts behind her virtual paralegal services, consulting, and coaching. Her accumulated experience as office manager, legal assistant, paralegal, discovery clerk, public speaker, writer, general office assistant, and marketing specialist laid a solid business foundation to build a team of professionals that meets the needs of her diverse client base.
From inception through trial, Mrs. Sheriff and her team assist attorney-clients with all aspects of running a thriving litigation practice, including work culture, work-life balance, intake, discovery, deposition preparation, drafting pleadings, motions, PDL motions, and judgments.
The team further distinguishes itself by offering awarding-winning coaching services for attorneys and paralegals who want to achieve Work-Life Balance and Professional Excellence™.
- Business Development
- Civil Litigation
- Family & Matrimonial Law
- Happiness & Work-Life Balance
- Legal Professional Career Mapping
- Legal Professional Stress Reduction
- Legal Professional Career Satisfaction
- Legal Research
- Litigation Support
- Personal Injury
- Pretrial & Standard Discovery
- Workflow & Processes
Master of Science Degree in Legal Studies, Passed with Distinction – 2013
St. Louis, Missouri Campus, Kaplan University, (now part of Purdue University Global)
Concentration In Legal Research, Writing For Graduate Students, & Applied Research
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude – 2006
Fenton Missouri, Sanford Brown Business College
Concentration In Public Speaking, Business Development, Law Office Administration & Marketing
Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies, Magna Cum Laude – 2003
Hazelwood, Missouri, Sanford Brown Business College
Concentration In Public Speaking, Law Office Management, & Legal Research
CERTIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATES
Certified Happiness Life Coach – 2021
Certified Goal Success Life Coach – 2021
Master Certified Coach – 2021
Certified Professional Life Coach – 2021
Certified Career Coach – 2021
OneNote Essential Training (Office 365) – 2020
Constant Contact Partner Certificate Assessment – 2020
Credential ID.: 8763-442C-FACF-4A93
Researching More Efficiently – 2013
- Alpha Beta Kappa-National Honor Society
- American Bar Association (ABA)–Professional Affiliate Member (Paralegal)
- Constant Contact Small Biz Council
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA)
- New York City Paralegal Association (NYCPA)
- President – 2020-present
- Help association exceed its members’, nonmembers’, and community’s needs; increase organization’s newsletter readership and clicks by 18%+ during first three months in office.
- Paralegals Connect, Affiliate Sponsor
- MoBar Committee on Paralegals
- York County Paralegal Association (YCPA) – 2013-2015
HONORS & AWARDS
- Dean’s List (13 individual awards), Sanford Brown Business College – 2002-2003
- Director’s List (13 individual awards), Sanford Brown Business College – 2002-2003
- Elected Lifetime Member, Alpha Beta Kappa-National Honor Society – 2011
- Golden Key Nominee – 2012, 2013
- Leadership & Ethics Team Member of the Year, Hicks Law – 2017, 2018
- Leader of the Year, Hicks Law – 2019
- Mentor of the Year, Hicks Law – 2019
- Speaker of the Year, Hicks Law – 2014, 2019
- The Christian Review Board, Mentor of the Year – 1998, 1999
Ethics for Paralegals–Unauthorized Practice of Law | Confidentiality | Working from Anywhere, NYCPA, June 2018
Fundamentals of Family Law for Paralegals, Hicks Law Training Conference, January 2017
Everything Virtual Paralegals Need to Know Before Going Solo, The Paralegal Cruise–Perfectly Paralegal®, March 2016
Positive Paralegals: Energy is Everything, Hicks Law Training, 2016
Leadership in Law: How to Thrive Working in A Negative Office, Hicks Law Training Conference, May 2015
Cerebral Palsy & Me: Everything Parents Need to Know, JL Support Group for Parents, 2016, 2015
Speak Out, Pack a Good Bag, and Go, Domestic Violence Awareness Training Conference for Police Officers, 2013, 2014
Social Media and Attorneys, Hicks Law Training Conference, May 2014
Virtual Paralegals and Ethics, School of Transcription, 2011
Virtual Paralegals and Document Formatting, School of Transcription, 2011
Bytes, Security, and Virtual Paralegals, The Arkansas Paralegal Alliance, 2010
Login Me In The Remote Worker’s Revolution, The International Law Conference, 2003
Why Mentoring Matters and Peer Reviews Are A Must, The Christian Review Board, 1998, 1999.
- Sheriff Holly A. Career Portfolio-Creating A Career Portfolio–Showcase Your Skills, 1st Edition, Tate Training.
- Sheriff Holly A. Career Portfolio-Creating A Career Portfolio–Showcase Your Skills, 2nd Edition, Tate Training.
- Sheriff Holly A. Career Portfolio-Creating A Career Portfolio–Showcase Your Skills, 3rd Edition, Tate Training.
- Sheriff Holly A. Career Portfolio-Creating A Career Portfolio–Showcase Your Skills, 4th Edition, Tate Training.
- Sheriff Holly A. Mentoring Matters and Peer Reviews for Christians, Tate Training.
- Sheriff Holly A. Human Trafficking in the United States: Sex & Drugs in the Neighborhood, CDC Learning Center.
- Sheriff Holly A. The Differences Between the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA) and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), Kaplan University.
- Sheriff Holly A. Nesting [Bird] Parenting Plans for Paralegals, Best Virtual Paralegal LLC.
- Sheriff Holly A. Social Media & Attorneys, Best Virtual Paralegal LLC.
- Sheriff Holly A. Recidivism Rates Among Married Inmates: The Effects of Conjugal Visits and Other Marital Unification Services, “A Prison Reform Proposal for Married Inmates in New York City,” Kaplan University [Thesis].
- Sheriff Holly A. LinkedIn Unlocked, Best Virtual Paralegal LLC.
- Sheriff Holly A. Why Work With A Paralegal Business Coach?, Paralegals Connect, Issue 9, https://bit.ly/32JpRCW