Calling All Speakers!
Calling all Speakers – Are you interested in sharing your knowledge with legal colleagues around the country? Best Virtual Paralegal is always seeking qualified guest speakers to present at our webinars, live seminars, podcasts, other CLE & general events. Interested parties should send a written proposal to us, if you meet our requirements.
CLE Event Applicants
To qualify as a guest speaker for CLE events applicants must possess:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working as paralegal and one of following:
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject, or a paralegal certificate, with 12 hours of ongoing continuing legal education (CLE); or
- A bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies with 12 hours ongoing continuing legal education (CLE) or substantive public speaking experience.
- Paralegals with 10 years or more of experience may request an education waiver.
- No previous speaking experience is needed if you meet the on-going CLE requirement.
General Interest Event Applicants
To qualify as a guest speaker for general interest events applicants must possess:
- A high school diploma or GED, with 5 years of experience in your area of interest
- Be connected to the legal industry in some way – i.e. paralegal student; unemployed attorney or unemployed paralegal.
Speaker’s Written Proposal
All prospective speakers should send a written proposal for Best Virtual Paralegal’s planning and event committee for consideration. The written proposal should include:
- Your current most up to date resume;
- 300 words or less for your bio
- A headshot optimized for use on the internet, JPEG;
- A letter of interest;
- An outline of the topic of your choice;
- Outlines for CLEs must be an hour or longer, and
- A brief description of your topic.
If selected as a speaker, the information prospective speakers provide in each proposal will be used in the program brochure. Please be sure to use spelling correct, all relevant titles and degrees are included.
Also note, it may take up to 60 to 90 days for Best Virtual Paralegal’s planning committee to approve / review your proposal.
- All individuals chosen to speak at a Best Virtual Paralegal event will receive a complimentary registration to the program, this may exclude events cosponsored by any third-party organizations. Free or complimentary registration is not guaranteed.
- All proposals accepted may be used for live (in-person), on-demand, webinars, podcasts, and teleconferences.
- All individuals chosen to speak at a Best Virtual Paralegal event must be willing and able to complete a Speaker Release Form. For more information about the Speaker Release Form, please contact us.
- All proposals not selected will remain on file up to 1 year and may be reconsidered at any time.